Friday, September 23, 2011

13 Days & A Folder Full of Fun

Today is our 13th full day of school. Hard to believe, I have met with my students for 546 minutes or roughly 9 hours. It's funny to think about...so far, we have built our blogs, written a post, created various decorative papers for our visual journals and will begin our first drawing assignment on Monday! I think my students are already starting to feel accomplished, even though our actions have only been in preparation for the big things to come. Just like life, it feels good to be prepared.

This year to provide them with a sense of ownership, I have given all of my students 3 of their very own drawing pencils, 2 markers, 2 blending stumps and 2 erasers. Now they are artists with their own tools - and I'm looking forward to seeing what they will do with them!

No comments:

Post a Comment